Applications are invited from eligible and interested candidates for registration to the Ph.D. programme in all disciplines of Engineering and Technology, Computer Application, Architecture, Management, Pharmacy, Science and Humanities.
All candidates seeking registration to the Ph.D. programme should possess the requisite qualification as indicated below.
- A candidate with B.Tech. & M.Tech. degrees or equivalent Science & Humanities should have First Class (or a minimum of 6.75 at both stages).
- A candidate with only B.Tech/ B.Pharm./ M.Sc./ B.Arch./ MBA/ MCA or equivalent degree with a minimum of 7.25 CGPA in a 10 point scale(or equivalent percentage of marks in aggregate).
- Valid GATE score with a minimum 75 percentile score / Clearance of NET/JRF for the Award of Fellowship.
Above requirements may be relaxed in the following cases, provided they have proven research records (established through publications / reports):
- Faculty members of constituent and affiliated colleges.
- Candidates working in sponsored projects in constituent and affiliated colleges if the project duration is not less than three years.
- Candidates working in National laboratories, R&D Institutions of the Central / State Government and R&D Laboratories of reputed Industries in permanent positions. State / Central Government employees with proven credentials and experience.
- A candidate would be eligible for Ph.D. registration also in a subject other than his/her domain specialization (at the entry level) as a special case, to be decided by the Research Committee of the University.
- Application form (as per the Appendix-I of Ph.D. regulation) duly filled in should be sent to the Registrar, BPUT, UGIE Complex, Jail Road, Rourkela-769 004 by registered post along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/-(Rupees One Thousand Only) drawn in favour of “Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Orissa” on any nationalized bank payable at Rourkela towards processing fee.
IMPORTANT DATES :
• Last date for submission of application form: 15.12.2009
For any other clarification and application forms, the Ph.D. regulation and time schedule as notified in the web site of the University (www.bput.ac.in
) may be seen.